We’re looking for an experienced Human Resource Leader to join our growing team. As the Head of People, you will be directly responsible for strategic hiring, managing, growing, and leading the amazing HR team for our Company.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring we have happy and productive people that align with our company's culture and are able to deliver on the vision. If you want to accelerate your career in a rapidly growing environment, with smart people, where your work is immediately impactful and your success is visible then we’d like to speak with you.
Prospa is a financial operating system for Nigerian entrepreneurs. It takes just 5 minutes to open and members get a bank account number in their company name. With Prospa, business owners can make and receive transfers, send invoices, set up an e-commerce store and more.
Our mission is to support Africans in building financial prosperity. As a company we are committed to building a culture of excellence, empathy and growth.
We are backed by YCombinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of Prospa’ product roadmaps, short and long-term business needs, strategies, plans, objectives, and people and culture needs
- Based on this knowledge, establish the human resource requirements of the organization in terms of recruiting, retention, and succession planning
- Design and implement practical and creative strategies to find, engage and retain the best technical and non-technical talent that align with Prospa’s objectives and strategies
- Develop collaborative and efficient relationships and processes with executive team and hiring managers to create strategic organizational and talent solutions
- Conduct background and reference checks and organize tactical yet comprehensive new-employee orientationons
- Review and manage a highly functional compensation, appraisal, welfare & benefit structure that drives attracts, and retains high performing talent
- Assess training needs across our HR team to create and monitor high-impact training programs
- Bridge management and employee relations by swiftly addressing demands, grievances or other issues to drive positive and productive resolutions
- Uphold company culture and nurture a positive working environment
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements by all local, state and federal regulations
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Partner with the Accounting Department on payroll data and distribution
- Maintain human resource information system records and compile reports from the databases
You should have;
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a mid or senior level HR Manager
- Proven ability to recruit, manage, retain, grow and lead technical and non- technical talent
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Management Software (including payroll systems and ATS)
- People-oriented, yet strategic and results-driven
- Competent in building and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels throughout the organization
- Excellent active listening, reasoning, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive and keen on working within a high growth, fast paced, start-up style environment
- Exposure to the fintech environment
- Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines independently and as part of a team
- Sound judgement and confidentiality
Here’s just some of our perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Work tools
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities