We are looking for a talented Engineering manager to join our team. As a technical expert, you'll not only provide technical oversight and leadership to major projects, but also act as a functional manager. Owning the product and solution architecture, the role will place a key focus on quality control and code optimisation. You will champion and influence best practices, and help ensure these are followed across the company.
As a functional manager, your role will also include optimising and reviewing the performance of teams, with an aim to increase the quality of engineering as a functional leader. To help us scale our engineering teams effectively, you will have close involvement with our hiring process.
Who are we?
Prospa is a financial operating system for Nigerian entrepreneurs. Using our intuitive and beautifully designed mobile and web application, entrepreneurs are able to manage all their business and banking in one place.
We are backed by YCombinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
What’s you'll do
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow a software engineering team.
- Manage and drive procurement for third party products that your team depends on.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in own and partner teams.
- Prioritise and optimise for highest speed in execution.
- Take calculated risks, collaborate with different stakeholders and clearly communicate short and long term consequences.
- Continuously develop relationships with product, engineering and key stakeholders across teams and domains.
- Influence and drive software design and architecture.
- Bachelors Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar
- Experience building and leading a significant software engineering team(s) within a scaling organisation
- Strong software architecture skills
- Experience building and scaling high achieving engineering teams
- Big picture thinking - correctly diagnosing problems and building innovative solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to partner closely with Product Owners and Business Heads
Our style and culture
We're looking for a winner who shares our vision. You'll be joining Prospa because you genuinely believe the mission to empower African entrepreneurs is important and exciting.
You demands the best from yourself and make your teammates better. You celebrate success but never settle, you execute at speed while maintaining quality. You are humble and courageous.
You want to work with a community of people where you can learn fast, grow rapidly and be recognized for your work. At Prospa we don't believe in micro-management, everyone is committed to the success both personally and professionally. We give you the autonomy and ownership to solve problems and deliver