We’re looking for a backend software engineer to join our team. Your primary responsibilities include architecting, implementing, releasing and supporting features that enable our collaborative product model.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving and creating high-quality products is essential.
You’ll be expected to: :
- Explore, define and develop new technologies and architecture.
- Re-evaluate existing technologies to constantly improve our platform.
- Improve upon and build new business-critical features and infrastructure.
Prospa is a financial operation system for Nigerian entrepreneurs. It takes just 5 minutes to open and members get a bank account number in their company name. With Prospa, business owners can make and receive transfers, send invoices, set up an e-commerce store and more. Using an intuitive and beautifully designed mobile and web application.
Our mission is to support Africans in building financial prosperity. As a company we are committed to building a culture of excellence, empathy and growth.
We are backed by Y Combinator and some of the most well respected and prolific investors in the US, Africa and Europe.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale backend implementations of new and existing consumer product features
- Design and develop software that will run across web and mobile apps
- Work with smart algorithm processes to scale software from thousands to millions of transactions
- Set up staging and sandbox environments to test software functionality and efficiency
- Build smart data collection techniques to better understand user behaviors and experience
- Tackle software bugs and technical troubleshooting
- Support customer-witnessed testing.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Critically look at the user problems and design process flows and improve them
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand member pain points and come up with solutions.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving the reliability and scalability of our systems
- Work across the engineering team to improve and uphold high technical standards
Who are we looking for?
- Strong experience working on the backend of a technology product
- Impact and mission driven
- Champion mentality; result and goal orientated
- Great team player
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- A keen and strategic problem solver
- Enjoy learning and diving into the deepest levels of how things work
- 5+ years developing software in a production environment at scale
- a deep understanding of Python
- Very good understanding of APIs and Django Rest framework
- Very good understanding of Celery, RabbitMQ, Memcached
- Very good understanding of Node.js, MySQL DB, PostgreSQL
- Very good understanding of socket programming
- Ability to 'mould' efficient queries to perform tasks on time
- Must have built awesome software before that had live active users
- Knowledge of technological trends.
- Working knowledge of Git
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research.
- Experience working with transactional databases and caching systems
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale mobile applications
- An appreciation for maintainable and well-tested code
- Competitive Salary
- Medical cover
- Wellness perks
- Paid time off (leave days)
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities.
- You get to collaborate with and learn from smart and creative people.